Teacher’s Spotlight for September

Appreciate your teachers this month!

6th grade- Vanessa Birdwell

This is Mrs. Birdwells 4th year teaching, and 3rd year in ponder. Before she came here she taught keyboarding in Perryton. She graduated high school from Crosbyton, TX in a class of 27 people. Then she got a Bachelors in business administration and a Masters of Education from Lubbock Christian University. Her favorite part of teaching is being a part of the students life and watching them grow throughout the year/years. She enjoys being around horses and visiting her father’s farm a lot, she loves that she can raise her kids in that type of environment! She loves ponder and can agree that the wonderful students and teachers make it a great place to work.

7th grade- Harlan lowe

Coach Lowe has been teaching for 13 years overall, but this year is his 6th at ponder. He graduated high school from Electra High School, and graduated college from Midwestern State University with a Bachelor’s degree and got his Master’s degree from The University of Texas in Tyler. He says his favorite part of teaching is when his students finally truly get something that he has been teaching, when teaching breaks through and they understand. His favorite things to do outside of school is be with family, listen to music, and play video games. He has been married to his wife Donnie for 18 years, they have 2 children, Noah (14), and Aurbey (10). He loves music, Dr. Pepper, and many texas teams but really likes the University of Texas Longhorns!

8th grade- Brandi Hardin

Brandi Hardin has been teaching for 17 years, but this is her 6th year at ponder! Mrs. Hardin went to Krum HS and graduated college at UNT. Her favorite part of teaching is her students, she said that they all feel like her own children. She enjoys outside activities with her family like fishing, camping, hiking, and watching sports.